The motto: Our way to a welcoming European enterprise
A competition that aims to promote intercultural learning in European businesses
In the framework of our EILEEN project we are looking for innovative initiatives and activities that promote the development of intercultural competences in an innovative way and include practical cases or at least ideas on how learning outcomes and competence developments within this specific competence area can be assessed and evidenced also beyond the walls of formal education.
Hence the EILEEN-prize is an award given to the most innovative and promising European initiatives and projects that
- work in an innovative and novel fashion;
- focus on promoting intercultural learning and a welcoming culture in European organisations;
- reflect on/consider ways of measuring and documenting learner’s development in relation to intercultural competences.
Who can participate?
The competition is targeted towards individuals, companies, public or private entities, professional groups, NGOs, civic society organisations, social partners, professionals and researchers.
Participants must live in one of the following countries:
28 Member States of the European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland, Turkey.
How to participate?
Ongoing or completed, existing or planned case studies, initiatives or projects can enter the competition.
For this purpose, proceed as follows:
The six steps to Athens:
- read the info on this page
- click on submit to land on the submission page
- fill in sheet (you can get a preview of the submission sheet)
- if applicable, upload file
- maybe win?
Please read carefully our FAQ section
When is the closing date?
The competition entries are to be presented by 31.07.2016.
And the award goes to…
The contributions will be evaluated by an independent jury according to the following criteria:
- Innovation: Original solutions to promote intercultural competences and a welcoming culture in the own working context;
- Evaluation/Validation: The way learning outcomes are assessed and evidenced;
- Impact: Potential and actual effect on participants, learning context and the society in general;
- Sustainability: Continuation of this innovation;
- Transferability: Potential use of the innovation in other contexts.
Award ceremony in Athens, Greece
The winners will be invited to present their project at the conference which will be held on September 9th, 2016, in Athens with an international audience.
The prize includes travel, accommodation and subsistence for a 2-day trip to Athens. The winners will get the opportunity to present their cases during the final conference and will benefit from a European wide dissemination in a specific newsletter and on our EILEEN website.
We are looking forward to your contributions and wish you the best of luck!
Your EILEEN-project team